Learn about the Administrative Physicians/End of Career section of the survey.
Collects information on administrative physicians and the practice’s plan for transition out of the orthopaedic practice at the end of a physician’s career.
- Administrative Physicians – Collects information on a practice’s administrative physicians including compensation.
- End of Career – Collects information on how orthopaedic physicians retire.
- Compensation amount for the Physician President/Chair of Board of Directors – Enter the amount of compensation provided to a physician who has administrative responsibilities associated with serving as the president or chair of the practice's board of directors.
- Do other administrative physicians receive compensation? – Using the list provided, indicate whether other administrative physicians (i.e., not including the physician president/chair of the board of directors) receive compensation for their administrative responsibilities.
- If yes, what is the compensation amount? – Enter the amount of compensation provided to other administrative physicians (i.e., not including the president/chair of the board of directors).
- If yes, what is their title? – Specify the title(s) of the physician(s) who are performing other administrative functions for the practice and/or the practice's board of directors.
End of Career
- At what age must a physician notify the practice of anticipated retirement? - Enter numeric values only. Leave blank if no age is defined by the practice.
- How much advance notice does the practice require retiring physicians to give? - Please enter only values indicating a length of time (i.e. 1 year, 18 months) for a physician to give a notice of intent to retire. Leave blank if no age defined by the practice.
- Do you have a retiring physician slow down/transition plan? – Select Yes or No from the list provided.
- Does your practice allow partners to be bought out and become employees for transition planning? - Select Yes or No from the list provided.
- At what age may a physician elect off emergency department call? – Enter 'Never' if no age defined by the practice.
- At what age may a physician elect off of group call? – Enter 'Never' if no age defined by the practice.
- Are clinicians required to undergo a cognitive and physical exam to assess skills at a defined age? - Select Yes or No from the list provided.
- What is that age? - Please enter numeric values only (i.e. 65).