Learn about the Ancillary Services section of the survey.
This section collects data on key metrics for the identified ancillary services and specifies the number of Ambulatory Surgery Centers associated with the practice.
Related Dashboards: Number of X-Ray Exams per FTE X-Ray Technician, X-Ray Data, MRI Key Metrics, Physical Therapy Key Metrics, Other Ancillary Services
- Ancillary Services – Collects data on key metrics for the identified ancillary services.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers – Collects information about Ambulatory Surgery Centers associated with the practice.
Ancillary Service Types
- X-Ray – Include analog, computed radiography, and direct radiography machines and services.
- MRI – Include both open and closed MRI machines and services in your data.
- DXA - Only include bone density scans and services performed utilizing dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) machines.
- DME – DME for this survey means walkers, canes, and wheelchairs.
- Off-the-Shelf Orthotics – Orthotics that require minimal self-adjustment. Identified by codes L0120, L0160, L0172, L0174, L0450, L0455, L0457, L0467, L0469, L0621, L0623, L0625, and L0628.
- Other Orthotics – Orthotics that require fitting by a person with specialized education or knowledge, orthotics that are custom fabricated for the patient, or orthotics that are not identified by CMS as “off-the-shelf". Identified by all other orthotic HCPCS L codes.
- Prosthetics – Device that replaces all or part of an internal body organ or replaces all or part of the function of a permanently inoperative or malfunctioning body organ.
- # of Patients – Indicate the number of patients receiving the listed service at your practice.
- Non-Surgical Patients - Indicate the number of patients receiving the service who did not have surgery at your practice.
- # Machines – Indicate the number of machines used for performing the identified service at your practice.
- # of Visits - Indicate the total number of visits related to the identified service including E/M visits, fittings, etc.
- Volume – Captures the relevant unit of volume for each of the specified ancillary services:
- X-Ray: Number of X-Rays taken; studies not images
- MRI: Number of MRI Scans
- DXA: Number of DXA bone density scans
- PT/OT: Number of Visits
- DME: Number of Units Sold
- Off-the-Shelf Orthotics: Number of Units Sold
- Other Orthotics: Number of Units Sold
- Prosthetics: Number of Units Sold
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Does your practice have an ASC? – Select Yes or No to indicate whether your practice has an ASC. If you select No, you will be able to proceed to the next question.
- Majority Owned by Practice Owners – Number ambulatory surgery centers for which the practice’s owners have a majority ownership interest.
- Partially Owned with Other Physicians – Number of ambulatory surgery centers that are partially owned by the practice’s owners and other physicians.
- Partially Owned with Other Physicians and Hospital – Number of ambulatory surgery centers that are partially owned by the practice’s owners, other physicians, and a hospital.
- Ability to Make Purchasing Decisions – Yes/No question to indicate whether the practice makes purchasing decisions for the ASC.
- Does the ASC perform total joint replacements? - Yes/No question to indicate whether the ASC performs total joint replacements.
- # of Total Joint Replacements done in an ASC – Specify the number of Total Joint Replacements physicians in your practice performed in an ASC.
- # of Total Joint Replacements in ASC on patients over 65 – Indicate the number of Total Joint Replacements performed by physicians in your practice on patients age 65 and older in an ASC.