When we’re reviewing your clinicians’ data, it may be helpful to know what we are looking for in order for us to verify to CMS that your data is accurate and complete. Measure 177 requires documentation that a patient with a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis had a disease assessment performed with an American College of Rheumatology-endorsed measurement tool.
This documentation may be found in the patient’s medical record. The relevant document should be made available to the auditor for the patient requested.
Which assessments can we use?
Your auditor will be looking for one of the following assessment’s being used to assess the progression of the patient’s rheumatoid arthritis:
- Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI)
- Disease Activity Score with 28-joint counts (erythrocyte sedimentation rate or C-reactive protein (DAS-28)
- Patient Activity Scale (PAS)
- Patient Activity Score-II (PAS-II)
- Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data with 3 measures (RAPID 3)
- Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI)