Please note: Measure 179 has been removed from the MIPS CQM measure set for the 2020 performance year.
When we’re reviewing your clinicians’ data, it may be helpful to know what we are looking for in order for us to verify to CMS that your data is accurate and complete. Measure 179 requires documentation that a patient with a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis was given an assessment and classification of disease prognosis at least once with 12 months.
This documentation may be found in the patient’s medical record. This measure may only be reported once per year per patient. The relevant document should be made available to the auditor for the patient requested.
What will the auditor need to see?
The auditor will need to see the name of the assessment given and the classification given to the patient’s prognosis (Good/Poor). Assessments that can be given to assess the progression of rheumatoid arthritis include:
- Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI)
- Disease Activity Score with 28-joint counts (erythrocyte sedimentation rate or C-reactive protein (DAS-28)
- Patient Activity Scale (PAS)
- Patient Activity Score-II (PAS-II)
- Routine Assessment of Patient Index Data with 3 measures (RAPID 3)
- Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI)