When we’re reviewing your clinicians’ data, it may be helpful to know what we are looking for in order for us to verify to CMS that your data is accurate and complete. Measure 182 requires documentation of a current functional outcome assessment using a standardized functional outcome assessment tool on the date of the encounter AND documentation of a care plan based on identified functional outcome deficiencies on the date of the identified deficiencies.
This documentation may be found in the patient’s medical record. This measure is to be submitted each denominator eligible visit for each patient during the 12-month performance period. The relevant document should be made available to the auditor for the patient requested.
What tools may be used for this measure?
This measure requires the use of a normed and validated functional outcome assessment to assess a patient’s response to treatment. Examples of assessments that may be used include:
- Oswestry Disability Index (ODI)*
- Roland Morris Disability/Activity Questionnaire (RM)
- Neck Disability Index (NDI)*
- Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)
- Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand (DASH)*
- Western Ontario and McMaster University Osteoarthritis Index Physical Function subscale (WOMAC-PF)
- HOOS Jr*
- KOOS Jr*
- Quick DASH*
Your auditor will also need to review the documented care plan and dates of the care plan to ensure that they align with the requirement that the care plan be dated on the date that the deficiencies were identified.